CVS and lib/X11? (was Re: XTHREADLIB and DragonFly and x11.pc)

Adam Jackson ajax at nwnk.net
Fri Feb 24 13:46:21 PST 2006

On Friday 24 February 2006 14:10, Alan Coopersmith wrote:
> Jeremy C. Reed wrote:
> > For those who use CVS to check out the modular X.org, will they get the
> > lib/X11 updates also? Or do we have to install a git client to get the
> > libX11 updates also?
>
> And will the git tree pull in updates from CVS like the checkin yesterday
> to xorg/lib/X11/src/CrGlCur.c ?

That was a _tiny_ bit of psychological warfare to find out whether the
situation was:

- git for 1.1, cvs for 1.0, or
- CVS completely dead, stable branch in git too

Apparently it's the latter, and /cvs/xorg/lib/X11 was intended to be
non-committable when that commit happened.  Apparently the r/o status was
reverted because the initial git import was botched and write access was
needed for some reason.

I'll push that particular change to the git tree and properly shut down
commitability to the CVS repo.

- ajax