pkg-config and libX11.so: undefined reference to `XdmcpWrap'

Jeremy C. Reed reed at reedmedia.net
Wed Feb 22 06:20:56 PST 2006

> Um, it looks in the standard location after looking in PKG_CONFIG_PATH,
> again according to the man page. So I'm not really understanding your
> problem.

The problem is that a user trying the build.sh and also has incompatible
versions of X.org components with *pc files in standard location may have
unexpected build errors. The problem is that the ModularDevelopersGuide
instructions do not document this. And the problem is that the build.sh
doesn't define it automatically. (I haven't looked too close at the
build.sh yet, but I will look to simply set it in it and see what
happens.)

 Jeremy C. Reed

 	  	 	 BSD News, BSD tutorials, BSD links
	  	 	 http://www.bsdnewsletter.com/