xf86-video-via and error: conflicting types for 'uint32_t' and pthread

Thomas Hellström thomas at tungstengraphics.com
Wed Feb 22 04:49:44 PST 2006

Jeremy C. Reed wrote:

>On Wed, 22 Feb 2006, [ISO-8859-1] Thomas Hellstr?m wrote:
>

>>I've checked in fixes for this in latest CVS. Could you try out and if there
>>still are problems, could you file a bug?
>>

>Thank you. It built and installed fine on DragonFly. (Driver not actually
>used though.)
>
>I am curious about driver/xf86-video-via/src/xvmc/viaXvMCPriv.h ... do all
>platforms that use this have pthread.h?

Currently it is used mainly on linux and while DRM is ported to FreeBSD
I've never heard about anyone using XvMC successfully on other platforms.

pthreads is used by most (if not all) XvMC capable players and I also
added a check for pthread.h in configure.ac. If it is not present, via
XvMC will not be built.

/Thomas