i810 + Dell 2405W @ 1920x1200

Andreas Schildbach andreas at schildbach.de
Wed Feb 22 04:30:02 PST 2006

Torkil Svensgaard wrote:

> No matter which resolution I override, the monitor displays a notice that it
> can't show the signal it is getting though. This suggest it doesn't like the
> frequency?

What is the exact message you're getting?

> Any ideas for a next step?

If you already tried overriding all available modes, maybe in
combination with alternative modelines (there can be found some
suggestions on the web), I'm out of hints.

Maybe you should try with Xorg 7.0? Alan Hourihane helped me a lot, but
I think all the needed driver fixes are already done (contained in the
patched driver).

Don't forget to blame the vender of your computer, he is responsible for
selling you a BIOS that does not include widescreen modes. In my case,
Dell doesn't even support its own monitors (I own the combination: Dell
Latitude X1, Dell 2405FPW).

Regards,

Andreas