pkg-config and libX11.so: undefined reference to `XdmcpWrap'

Jeremy C. Reed reed at reedmedia.net
Tue Feb 21 20:44:41 PST 2006

On Tue, 21 Feb 2006, Shawn Starr wrote:

> I've had this issue as well. Some apps and other components of Xorg need
> -lXdmcp checked in their configure scripts. This seems to be missing.

In my case, they were checked -- using pkg-config against the wrong
(incompatible and old) pkgconfig *pc files. Once I removed the old *pc
files, my problem was fixed.

(Nevertheless, I still think pkg-config should have a easy way to
override or modify the pkgconfig path used. Setting environment variable
is not easy, since you don't know what the defaults are in the first place
without grepping binary or running ktrace on it for example.)

 Jeremy C. Reed

	  	 	 http://www.pugetsoundtechnology.com/