xdm and conflicting types for 'key_setnet'

Jeremy C. Reed reed at reedmedia.net
Tue Feb 21 15:11:15 PST 2006

On DragonFly operating system building app/xdm:

session.c:58: error: conflicting types for 'key_setnet'
/usr/include/rpc/auth.h:239: error: previous declaration of 'key_setnet'
was here
session.c:58: error: conflicting types for 'key_setnet'
/usr/include/rpc/auth.h:239: error: previous declaration of 'key_setnet'
was here
session.c:147: warning: initialization from incompatible pointer type

DragonFly has defined as:

int     key_setnet(struct netstarg *);

I read that FreeBSD 4.x had same problem and their xorg-clients port has a
patch to remove that extern int line.

(I don't know why this was not notice in the monolithic builds on
DragonFly -- maybe because the packaging environment didn't define
SECURE_RPC. I didn't check though.)

For now, I just comment out that extern int line. What would the correct
"autoconf" way be? (I could check for __DragonFly__, but probably should
just have configure check instead.)

 Jeremy C. Reed

	  	 	 http://www.pugetsoundtechnology.com/