pkg-config and libX11.so: undefined reference to `XdmcpWrap'

Tue Feb 21 15:08:31 PST 2006

Jeremy C. Reed wrote:
> What do you all do when you have multiple modular X.org installations on
> one system? Do you use different pkg-config tools?

When I was working on the Xorg modular builds on a machine that had an
existing Xorg 6.8.2 build installed, I used a series of wrapper scripts
around the build.sh script to set everything to use a temporary install
location for the builds.   I also had one cvs checkout directory and used
mkshadow to build a whole pile different build directories linked to that
for the different platforms & compilers I was testing with (SPARC, x86,
32-bit, 64-bit, Sun Studio cc, gcc, etc.).

The environment variables set were (some of these are Solaris specific,
others to my build tree):

ACLOCAL="aclocal -I ${MYTOPDIR}/aclocal"
PREFIX=/usr/X11R6
DESTDIR=${MYTOPDIR}/${MYARCHDIR}/install
INSTDIR=${DESTDIR}${PREFIX}

CPPFLAGS="-I${INSTDIR}/include"
CFLAGS="${GENERIC_CFLAGS} ${ARCHFLAG}"
CXXFLAGS="${ARCHFLAG}"
LDFLAGS="-z combreloc -z defs -L${INSTDIR}/lib -R${PREFIX}/lib
-R/usr/lib${LIBSUBDIR}"
PATH="/usr/ccs/lib:${INSTDIR}/bin:$PATH"
CONFFLAGS="--enable-shared --disable-static --disable-install-setuid
--enable-xcsecurity --sysconfdir=/etc --localstatedir=/var --prefix=/usr/X11R6
--enable-loadable-i18n"
PKG_CONFIG_PATH="${MYUTILSDIR}/pkgconfig:${INSTDIR}/lib/pkgconfig:/usr/lib${LIBSUBDIR}/pkgconfig"
LD_LIBRARY_PATH="${INSTDIR}/lib:/usr/lib${LIBSUBDIR}"

And then it just called:
./util/modular/build.sh -n ${PREFIX}

	-Alan Coopersmith-           alan.coopersmith at sun.com