Xlib moved to git

Egbert Eich eich at suse.de
Tue Feb 21 03:09:17 PST 2006

Maybe we should come to a common understanding that keithp's
apporach was a somewhat undiplomatic way of
    - speeding up the discussion on which future SCM to use,
    - fostering a particular SCM - one which seems to enjoy
      some support among this group here,
    - providing a sample project to demonstrate the strengths
      and capabilities of this specific SCM to a broader audience
    - providing an opportunity to investigate and solve the issue
      people may have with this SCM
before any final decision is made which will be made more openly
and based on a broader consensus.

After all we have seen Xlib development hosted outside of the
main repository before.

;-)

Cheers,
	Egbert.