video playback on quad head system

Mon Feb 20 17:13:47 PST 2006

Hey all,

I am trying to playback video on a quad head system, and it works, but i
have some strange effects. I have 4 monitors, 1,2,3 and 4, they are all
connected to a Ati FireMV 2400 PCI that has two M9 chips. Monitor 1 and
2 are connected to the first chip , monitor 3 and 4 to the second chip.

If i now start a mplayer and move it from monitor 1 to 4,  i get a black
picture as soon as the windows is partly on monitor 1 and 2, or if it is
partly on monitor 3 and 4. I do have a picture when it is partly on
monitor 2 and 3.  Now i am wondering since monitor 1&2 are just one big
frame buffer, why is the picture black when it is not fully on one
monitor ?

Dis i miss some configuration option ?

Any info is welcome.

TIA,