drmRadeonCmdBuffer: -22 (exiting)

Xavier Bestel xavier.bestel at free.fr
Mon Feb 20 13:47:37 PST 2006

Le mardi 21 février 2006 à 08:20 +1100, Benjamin Herrenschmidt a écrit :
> On Mon, 2006-02-20 at 20:39 +0100, Xavier Bestel wrote:
> > Hi again,
> >
> > after pulling some more ubuntu/dapper packages for my debian/sid, Xgl starts with a nice black screen.
> > When I launch an xterm, everything is black&white, and the xterm says it can't allocate colors.
> >
> > When trying to launch gnome-session, Xgl dies and Xorg shows this error:
> > drmRadeonCmdBuffer: -22 (exiting)
> >
> > Any hint on what goes wrong ? Do I need Yet Another Ubuntu Package, or is my videocard hopeless ?
> > I have a radeon rv350.
>
> What message do you have in dmesg when that happens ?

first:
[drm] Setting GART location based on old memory map
[drm] Loading R300 Microcode
[drm] writeback test succeeded in 1 usecs
at crash time:
[drm:r300_emit_packet3] *ERROR* bad packet3 type 2 at ffff81003e8774d4
[drm:r300_do_cp_cmdbuf] *ERROR* r300_emit_packet3 failed

(drm kernel modules from today's CVS)

	Xav