building Xgl under debian/sid

Michel Dänzer michel at daenzer.net
Mon Feb 20 03:48:17 PST 2006

On Sun, 2006-02-19 at 19:55 +0100, Xavier Bestel wrote:

> I'm trying to build Xgl under debian/sid.

It's not possible with sid only, you'll need some packages from
experimental at least, see below. Note that it's probably easier to use
the Ubuntu dapper xserver-xgl and compiz packages at this point.

> The problem when building mesa is that glcontextmodes.c includes GL/glxint.h,
> which is only part of the package xlibmesa-gl-dev that I can't install because
> I have libgl1-mesa-dri installed (I need the R300 radeon dri driver to have
> accelerated OpenGL).
> Does anyone know how to build Mesa with open source DRI ?

GL/glxint.h is in x11proto-gl-dev in experimental, but that's version
1.4.3 of the proto/GL module, whereas Mesa CVS requires version 1.4.4.

Beware that x11-common from experimental needs to be installed before a
lot of the x11proto-*-dev packages in experimental, which is not
properly reflected in the package relationships of the latter yet (will
be in the next upload).

> Moreover, trying to configure Xorg gives:

[...]

> configure.ac:435: error: possibly undefined macro: XTRANS_CONNECTION_FLAGS

You need xtrans-dev from experimental for this.