Xgl can't start with resolution > 1024x1024

Roland Scheidegger rscheidegger_lists at hispeed.ch
Sun Feb 19 15:28:37 PST 2006

Michael Biebl wrote:
> Felix Kühling wrote:
>>> I have the same issue. Unfortunately I didn't find information what to
>>> put into /etc/drirc. What is the format of this file and what info do I
>>> have to put into it?
>> The easiest way is to use driconf. See
>> http://dri.freedesktop.org/wiki/DriConf. In standard mode it will only
>> change ~/.drirc. You can either copy that file to /etc/drirc to make it
>> effective system-wide or run driconf as root and go to expert mode. That
>> will allow you to change /etc/drirc directly.
>>

> Thanks,
>
> that did the trick. Happy XGL user now ;-)
I'm wondering though, should we make this setting the default choice?
That's not the first time that NOT announcing larger texture support
just causes trouble (quake4 not displaying any sky textures has the same
reason), and I've yet to see that it causes trouble (i.e. a well-behaved
app would query the maximum texture size, and be clever and use smaller
ones, and with the allow large texture setting actually cause a raster
fallback).

Roland