building Xgl under debian/sid

Arnaldo Carvalho de Melo acme at ghostprotocols.net
Sun Feb 19 13:32:07 PST 2006

On 2/19/06, Xavier Bestel <xavier.bestel at free.fr> wrote:
> Le dimanche 19 février 2006 à 20:16 +0000, mista a écrit :
> > Am Sun, 19 Feb 2006 19:55:31 +0100
> > schrieb Xavier Bestel <xavier.bestel at free.fr>:
> >
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > I'm trying to build Xgl under debian/sid. The problem when building
> > > mesa is that glcontextmodes.c includes GL/glxint.h, which is only
> > > part of the package xlibmesa-gl-dev that I can't install because I
> > > have libgl1-mesa-dri installed (I need the R300 radeon dri driver to
> > > have accelerated OpenGL).
> > > Does anyone know how to build Mesa with open source DRI ?
> > >

> > afaik the open source driver is missing one important feature for
> > xgl called GL_ARB_texture_non_power_of_two. If your glxinfo | grep ARB
> > don´t show it you schould make xgl with the ati driver, or it will be
> > to slow to be usable.  Just my experience with a radeon 9600...
>
> You're right, I don't have that GL extension. I won't bother building
> Xgl then.

I'm having the same problem while trying to build libX11 (from the git repo
Keith Packard announced here (thanks!)):

[acme at newtoy libX11]$ sh ./autogen.sh
autoreconf-2.5x: Entering directory `.'
autoreconf-2.5x: configure.ac: not using Gettext
autoreconf-2.5x: running: aclocal  --output=aclocal.m4t
autoreconf-2.5x: `aclocal.m4' is created
autoreconf-2.5x: configure.ac: tracing
autoreconf-2.5x: running: libtoolize --copy
autoreconf-2.5x: `aclocal.m4' is unchanged
autoreconf-2.5x: running: /usr/bin/autoconf
configure.ac:50: error: possibly undefined macro: XTRANS_CONNECTION_FLAGS
      See the Autoconf documentation.
autoreconf-2.5x: /usr/bin/autoconf failed with exit status: 1
[acme at newtoy libX11]$

Any ideas on how to fix this one?

- Arnaldo