Xlib moved to git

Stuart Kreitman Stuart.Kreitman at Sun.COM
Sun Feb 19 11:47:59 PST 2006

Keith and all:

It does matter that we act as a COMMUNITY, and as you and many others
took part in the early
conversations 3 years ago where we all shared the desire to build this
cohesive structure, it is
difficult to understaned why one would risk making a unilateral decision
that affects so may.

The modularization effort in contrast was something that was debated for
a while, what turned
out to be a reasonable length of time, as evidenced by the way the
modularization project work
was performed by a good broad cross-section of people and delivered so
smoothly.

So my question about all this is: If  the code management tool is
different for arbitrary modules,
doesn't that contribute to the confusion and raise the barrier for
contributors to move among
the parts of the system?

At the very least, we should have some public discussion about the tools
that are out there and
let more opinions and experiences get expressed. Some of this has been
discussed, but not in
any real detail afaik.

skk