Xgl with radeon 9200

Cyril Jaquier cyril.jaquier at bluewin.ch
Sat Feb 18 15:04:17 PST 2006

Hi,

> Although I really played around a lot with xgl recently, I never got it
> working on my own laptop.

Me too with a Radeon M6 LY.

> - If I use the os-radeon-driver (latest one from cvs with drm cvs, so all
> recent fixes from benh are in) and start
> Xgl :1 -ac
> (afaik, no accel with that, because radeon doesn't support pbuffer, right??)
> Xgl starts, but only half the screen. The left half seems fine, the right one
> not. When starting compiz and apps in it, the behaviour is mixed, not really
> reproducible. But sometimes I could move a wobbling xterm around in the left
> half, it also seemed to be fine from the performance.
> Sometimes Xgl segfaults after a while.
> This "half"-issue is also if I start in fullscreen or with smaller size.

Exactly the same issue here. However, I got it almost working with CVS
versions from yesterday. It worked when I didn't start metacity. I
updated to latest CVS and I can't get ride of this "half" screen issue :(

> - I never got exa really running, it makes things damn slow.

Same here with my Radeon M6 LY. EXA is a lot slower than XAA :/

I'm currently updating an old Gentoo install to try this on a nVidia card.

Regards,

Cyril Jaquier