XGL and KDM

John geearf at free.fr
Sat Feb 18 07:40:33 PST 2006

Hello,

we are a lot of users trying to get KDM working with XGL on ubuntu (well
kubuntu ...), but we can never get it working.
If we start XGL in the terminal, and then start kde with startkde, there
is no problem.
But if we change kdmrc to use XGL, then when we try to login it will
just flash, like it's trying to log, and then back to the login screen.
No errors are displayed, but I can find some in the logs like  some
memory corruption (that does not appear with Xorg), or some kdm_greet
Can't open default user face thing.

So I don't really know what to do, we tried a lot of things but could
not get it work. We tried the CVS version instead of the one in our
repos, but still it's the same. But it works with gdm and with startkde,
so I really don't understand ... it should be working with kdm.

Thanks for any help, and thanks for XGL.

Sincerly,

John
**