X server doesn't start

Nestor Waldyd nwaldyd at upb.edu.co
Thu Feb 16 11:38:56 PST 2006

Hi...

I use Fedora Core 4 and i have a problem with the X sever. Fedora
initiates well but when the X server start, the display gets all black...

I use linux rescue to change the X server configuration, and according to
the messages in its log file, it seems to be a problem with fonts. Then i
include some FontPaths:

FontPath   "/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/misc/"
     FontPath   "/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/Speedo/"
     FontPath   "/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/Type1/"
     FontPath   "/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/CID/"
     FontPath   "/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/75dpi/"
     FontPath   "/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/100dpi/"

This doesn't works for the X server, only works for the command
config-system-display, when i try to use other configuration utilities,
they prompt errors related with GTK and the DISPLAY environment variable.
I don´t know what else to do... Any ideas?

PD: All the problem begins when i updated the glibc packages...

    Nestor Waldyd
    Ingeniero Investigador, Grupo de Investigaciones Ambientales(GIA)

      mailto:nwaldyd at upb.edu.co
      http://earth.prohosting.com/gialea/

    Universidad Pontificia Bolivariana
    Cir. 1a 70-01, Laureles