Creating a Compiz plugin

Francis Woodhouse fwoodhouse at gmail.com
Tue Feb 14 15:29:40 PST 2006

I spent some time playing with Compiz, and specifically the plugins system,
and have managed to create my own plugin. I thought that others would be
interested in this, since Compiz is a next-generation flag bearer and all
that, and there haven't been any custom plugins yet.

The plugin is fairly simple, a window opacity changer, but I also wrote a
walkthrough of the code so hopefully others can get stuck in creating some
new, spangly plugins to make Compiz even better.

The plugin coding information and opacity plugin are linked here:
http://www.downwithnumbers.com/news.php?id=41

Enjoy!

- Francis Woodhouse