compiz decoration plugin does not work with normal users?

David Reveman davidr at novell.com
Tue Feb 14 07:06:29 PST 2006

There are currently two things with the plugin system in compiz that are
a bit confusing.

1. Once you've loaded the gconf plugin, plugins specified on the command
line will be ignored. gconf plugin will override them with the list of
plugins stored in the gconf db.

2. Some plugins depend on other plugins and some plugins needs to be
loaded before other plugins. The plugin loader will not do anything to
try and resolve the order, if some plugin can't be loaded due to a
dependency problem it will just be ignored.

The plan was to have some other program for configuration and loading of
plugins and this program could figure out the order in which the plugins
should be loaded. But maybe we should add some code to the plugin loader
for this instead.

The current order in which the plugins should be loaded:
gconf,decoration,wobbly,fade,minimize,cube,rotate,zoom,scale,move,resize,place,switcher

-David