Xorg 7.0 RC3 (and 1 & 2): Can't start X on PCI Radeon

Ricky Rivera ricky.rivera at gmail.com
Mon Feb 13 21:41:09 PST 2006

I hate to revive a sleeping thread, but I still can't find a solution to
this matter.  I'm currently on xorg-server 1.0.1 (-r3, for those of you who
use Gentoo), and there's been no change in behavior.  I'd be more than happy
to provide more useful information/diagnostics, but I don't know what that
information might be.

Thanks,
Ricky

P.S.  Quick summary for the curious:  I can start X on my AGP Radeon, but it
hangs on the PCI card (I get mountains of "Idle timed out, resetting
engine..." errors).  If I have the BIOS initialize the PCI first, the
opposite happens.  It used to work in 6.8.