xorg 7.0 and i915 on Ubuntu Dapper

Foxy foxy at on-the-hill.me.uk
Mon Feb 13 04:32:21 PST 2006

I have a laptop with Intel 82852/855GM graphic chip. I have recently
upgraded to Dapper (Ubuntu development release) which has xorg 7.0. As a
result, dri stopped working for me. Instead I have this message:

> :~$ glxinfo
>
> ERROR: line 125, Function intelInitDriver, File intel_screen.c
> libGL warning: 3D driver returned no fbconfigs.
> libGL error: InitDriver failed
> libGL error: reverting to (slow) indirect rendering
> X connection to :0.0 broken (explicit kill or server shutdown).
I have no idea what it means. Before I did the upgrade I had a snapshot
i915 driver which worked fine on xorg 6.8.

Any help would be appreciated.