Speed control on multiple pointers

Ross Vandegrift ross at lug.udel.edu
Thu Feb 9 09:46:48 PST 2006

Hello everyone,

Is there a good way to control the speed on multiple pointer devices?
I have both a mouse and a trackpoint keyboard, and they have very
different scales for speed.  My TrackPoint settings make my mouse way
too fast.

I'm currently using /dev/input/mice with Linux 2.6.  I suspect I
probably need to break out the configuration into two pointers.
However, I don't see any options to xset that would let me configure
them indepenedently.

I could probably put a hack together with gpm that scaled the stuff
correctly, but hey, if I can do it all in X, seems simpler.  Thanks
for any suggestions!

PS - Please maintain me on the CC list; I don't think my subscription
request has been processed yet.

--
Ross Vandegrift
ross at lug.udel.edu