Radeon driver challenge - the Acer Ferrari 4000 laptop

Wed Feb 8 16:49:40 PST 2006

On Wed, 2006-02-08 at 19:12 -0500, Alex Deucher wrote:

> none of this applies unfortunately.  the above link only works for
> LVDS+TMDS and no setting of auto, etc. will help either since there is
> no code in the driver to activate the external TMDS controller. until
> someone writes that code, dual DVI won't work.

Does that apply to _all_ radeon cards, for example also to my FireMV
2400  (that has two M9 chips) ? With two CRT's it does work, and the
card only has 4 DVI-I outputs. Currently I don't have any DVI monitors
to test though :-/ With the "Auto, Auto" setting I do get the CRT's to
work, the output in Xorg.0.log is than as follows, which does say
something about an external TMDS;

(II) RADEON(0): Reversed DAC decteced
(II) RADEON(0): Primary:
 Monitor   -- CRT