Problem with 915GM and external monitor

Franco Catrin fcatrin at tuxpan.com
Tue Feb 7 10:44:25 PST 2006

El mar, 31-01-2006 a las 22:24 +0100, hadmut at danisch.de escribió:
> Hi,
>
> maybe someone can help me with that problem:
>
> - xserver-xorg 6.9.0.dfsg.1-4  (debian)
>
> - Notebook MSI S260,
>   0000:00:02.0 VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation Mobile
>      915GM/GMS/910GML Express Graphics Controller (rev 03)
>

> The device section in my xorg.conf:
>

> Section "Device"
>         Identifier      "device_915GM"
>         VendorName      "Intel"
>         BoardName       "915GM"
>         Driver          "i810"
>         VideoRam        32768
>         Option          "MonitorLayout" "CRT+DFP,LFP"
>         Option          "Clone"         "true"
>         Option          "CloneRefresh"  "60"
> EndSection
>

> The problem:
>
> I want to attach a beamer to the notebook and have the same display on
> the builtin LCD and the beamer at the same time (1024x768).

Try this:

Option "MonitorLayout" "NONE,CRT+LFP"
Option "DisplayInfo" "true"

The second line will help you to analyze the problem if the
MonitorLayout option doesn't work.

These chips have 2 pipes, mine uses pipe B for the LFP (Local Flat
Panel), so I tell the driver to use the pipe B for both the LFP and the
CRT.

The DisplayInfo option will show your pipes and the attached devices in
the log file

--
Franco Catrin L.       TUXPAN
http://www.tuxpan.com/fcatrin