frame buffer start problem

Sergio Monteiro Basto sergio at sergiomb.no-ip.org
Sun Feb 5 12:03:20 PST 2006

Hi,

For this weekend, Fedora 4 release a new Kernel
(kernel-2.6.15-1.1830_FC4 rebased on 2.6.15.2), and (read somewhere)
without the newest updates on DRM.
This pre-compiled kernel, brings a new frame buffer kernel modules, at
least radeonfb and savagefb. And only when we try startup the X, those
framebuffer load and normally doesn't start correctly the X, but with
ctrl+alt+F1 ctrl+alt+F7 or reboot X with ctrl+alt+backspace resolves the
problem.

I have X 6.9 rpms built by my self, but I think I saw the same behavior
on X 6.8.2 from Fedora 4.

Where I can find more details to fix this problem ?

Thanks in advance,
--
Sérgio M.B.