Cannot compile modular xserver

Vaclav Barta vbar at comp.cz
Fri Feb 3 03:17:45 PST 2006

On Friday 03 February 2006 11:55, Erik Andrén wrote:
> > I'm trying to compile modular x.org (to get 3D hardware acceleration,
> > which is disabled on my "stock" gentoo for some reason) as described at
> > http://wiki.x.org/wiki/ModularDevelopersGuide
> My advice is to use the official gentoo modular X howto:
> http://gentoo-wiki.com/HOWTO_Modular_Xorg
Well, it's a possibility, but there's no guarantee it'll work better than my
current setup, and in fact it might not work at all (I had a lot of trouble
configuring X on my laptop, and the gentoo package is still officially
unstable) - I strongly prefer to experiment with X which *isn't* integrated
into my system. I also think I can't configure it like I want without
understanding X a bit more, and X should be easier to understand than
X+portage...

	Bye
		Vasek