[i810] X server crashes on restart after connecting a TV

Gautam Iyer gautam at math.stanford.edu
Thu Dec 28 17:51:38 PST 2006

Hi All,

I have an i915GM, and encountered the following "strange" bug. If I
connect a TV, and start an X server (dual head) the everything works
fine and I watch my movies happily.

However, if I exit the X server, then X refuses to start again!
Even if the TV is no longer connected, and I try to start just a single
head X server on the local flat panel.

Any ideas? I've attached my Xorg.log containing the error messages,

Thanks in advance,

GI

--
'Hardware' -- The part of the computer which you kick when the software
malfunctions.