I'd like to update the sis driver!

Alex Deucher alexdeucher at gmail.com
Tue Dec 26 09:12:43 PST 2006

On 12/25/06, chaoyu <chaoyu_chen at sis.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>

> I found the sis driver on the page
> http://xorg.freedesktop.org/wiki/sis is out-of-date, and
> some new chips is not supported.
>
> I would like to maintain this page, and to attach the driver I modified
> here. May I ?
>
> Thanks for your answering!

Dear Chaoyu,

   You can attach your files to the page, but the preferred method
would be to include your changes in the driver in git.  Please attach
a diff against the version in freedesktop sis git tree:
http://gitweb.freedesktop.org/?p=xorg/driver/xf86-video-sis.git;a=summary
See the git page for info on using git:
http://wiki.freedesktop.org/wiki/UsingGit
If you provide the patch against the driver in git, we can apply the
patches for you and if you would like to maintain the driver, we can
give you direct access to the git repository.  Please ask if you have
any questions.

Alex