Middle click drag&drop variable

Bob Farrell fluid at freeshell.org
Mon Dec 25 17:18:09 PST 2006

Hi,

I'm looking to write a very simple script that opens currently selected
text (the text that middle-clicking "pastes") as a URL in a new Firefox tab.

Was wondering if anyone could tell me how I can go about accessing that
information?  My hope is that it's an easily accessible variable but
things are generally not as easy as one would expect, so any help would
be appreciated.  If you could give as detailed an answer as possible to
save me having to reply with "How do you do [basic thing you took for
granted I would know how to do]" and wasting everyone's time that would
be brilliant.

Thanks a lot

fluid