Compile errors for a few drivers against gitcopy of xserver-1.2-branch from the 20th Dec 2006

Tobias Gerschner tobias.gerschner at gmail.com
Sun Dec 24 11:41:47 PST 2006

2006/12/24, Daniel Stone <daniel at fooishbar.org>:
> On Sun, Dec 24, 2006 at 02:57:54PM +0100, Tobias Gerschner wrote:
> > Which leads me to an earlier question. There is no way / scheme to
> > determine in git ( right now ) to see , which version will belong to
> > which release? I've looked at the tags and heads in gitweb, but could
> > not find a scheme providing that information. After all you tag the
> > packages AFTER the release. Is there any consensus made in advance? Is
> > there a way to determine whether a package will belong to a certain
> > branch ?
> >
> > I'd happily create a wiki page to put those pieces together. Tough I
> > failed to find those so far.
>
> No, there's no way to get this from git.  We should probably be a lot
> better about maintaining this stuff in a wiki.  If you start a page and
> seed it, I'll make sure it gets maintained for 7.2 and 7.3 at least.

Hi,

that sounds like a plan. I'll start tonight ( it's close to 9 a.m. here).

BTW, please don't CC me. Too many mails here. I get the xorg list in a
batch. And if I am curious in between I use the archives.

regards

--
Tobias Gerschner
Member of Board of Yoper Linux Ltd. NZ

Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Willing is not enough; we must do.