i810/modesetting and Xinerama?

Colin Guthrie gmane at colin.guthr.ie
Thu Dec 21 02:30:22 PST 2006

Andreas Schildbach wrote:
> I may be proven wrong, but I feel that on a computer with a
> non-detachable display like notebooks (or palmtops, e-book-readers,
> smartphones, ...) the internal display should always be the primary one
> by default. This way, you are guaranteed to see important dialogs like
> login/logout.

I don't actually use my setup like that.

My laptop sits to the side of my "main" display on a little stand. No
real reason I chose that layout other than to make the desk look tider
(monitor in the middle) when the laptop isn't there :p

Just pointing out that your assumption wont be true in all
circumstances, tho' I don't think I would be annoyed if this was the
default, provided Keith eventually gets round to making it configurable
as he's already said.

Happy Holidaymas to everyone.

Col.