randrproto, inputproto and PKG_CONFIG_PATH for build

Ted X Toth txtoth at gmail.com
Wed Dec 20 06:48:28 PST 2006

The current build requires randrproto 1.2 and inputproto 1.4. When I
installed these they get installed to /usr/local/lib/pkgconfig. So in
order to get the build to work I have to set PKG_CONFIG_PATH to
/usr/local/lib/pkgconfig:/usr/lib/pkgconfig. Is this the right way to
handle multiple versions of inputproto and randrproto? Does this cause
any unwanted side affects like bad rpaths in shared libraries?