i810/modesetting and Xinerama?

Keith Packard keithp at keithp.com
Wed Dec 20 01:09:39 PST 2006

On Wed, 2006-12-20 at 16:03 +0800, Wang Zhenyu wrote:

> I have below patch to fix the max screen size problem, which set it to
> what crtc can possibly output.

That's not correct -- we cannot resize the frame buffer after the server
starts, so we have to limit size changes to the frame buffer size, which
is randrp->virtualX/randrp->virtualY.

I haven't figure out what we should do for automatically selecting the
right virtual size. For now, you can configure the desired virtual size
in your xorg.conf file.

btw -- I just discovered yet another limit in the hardware; it cannot
compute 3D coordinates larger than 2048 in either dimension, so even at
16bpp, the frame buffer cannot be larger than 2048 pixels wide or tall
unless we start iterating over the frame buffer and painting in 2kx2k
chunks.

keith.packard at intel.com