trying to build xserver rpm for Fedora

Ted X Toth txtoth at gmail.com
Tue Dec 19 11:41:37 PST 2006

I am trying to build an rpm for installation of the xserver (XACE patch)
on Fedora Core 6. I've made some progress but have run into a problem
and I'm not sure how to proceed. I started with the server spec file
from the FC6 cvs tree with all of the patching commented out and a
archive of the latest XACE source.  Dmx fails to compile so in my spec
file I changed the  define of xservers to disable dmx and set
with_dmx_server to 0. I also had to copy comment-header-modefiles.txt to
my ~/rpmbuild/SOURCES directory. Oh yeah I'm running 'rpmbuild -ba <spec
file>' to do the build. Now I'm to the point where rpmbuild runs
check-rpaths and there are rpath issues with libdri.so and libxf4bpp.so.
The builds of these shared libraries are adding addition rpath paths
that check-rpaths doesn't like. I have tried to get rpmbuild to ignore
these check-rpaths errors by setting the environment variable  QA_RPATHS
but that didn't help as rpmbuild still failed :( Any ideas about how fix
this problem would be greatly appreciated.