RMonitor Behavior On SLES 10 IA64 With ATI Graphics

Matthias Hopf mhopf at suse.de
Tue Dec 19 04:00:39 PST 2006

On Dec 18, 06 10:22:51 -0500, Magolan, John F wrote:
> The Novell/SuSE SLES 10 Linux release is in use on the ia64 version of
> our Unisys ES7000/one server.  (For the record, SLES 10 includes X.Org
> release 6.9.0.)  Our graphic interface device is ATI Rage Mobility.
> When we try to enter monitor specifications through the SLES SaX2
> interface the monitor test fails, consistently indicating a frequency
> error.  We have tried this on a couple of standard monitors from Dell
> and NEC with the same negative results.  What we always end up with, and
> can't escape, is a 640x480 monitor screen.

I think this is something you should post in Novell's bugzilla. I'm not
aware that this issue is already listed there, but I might be mistaken.

> resolutions to anything reasonable.  On SLES 10, though, using the RHEL4
> input merely causes the frequency error to occur when X is restarted.  A

SLES10 and RHEL4 use different versions of Xorg. It might very well be a
radeon driver regression. Of course, it *might* be related to some IA64
patch we're applying, but I doubt so.

Matthias

--
Matthias Hopf <mhopf at suse.de>       __        __   __