Update of "X11R72Issues" by DanielStone

Keith Packard keithp at keithp.com
Sat Dec 16 12:31:48 PST 2006

On Sat, 2006-12-16 at 02:07 +0200, Daniel Stone wrote:

> Hi,
> I'm pretty sure KDrive still needs it for its weirdo colourmap
> semantics: Keith can explain more.  Probably better to just cp it into
> kdrive, or fix the other servers so it can be unified.

As far as I remember, the main reason the changes exist are to avoid
linking in piles of useless code from micmap.c which no server uses.

I think I may have also created a broader interface for hardware which
couldn't be described by the former image format stuff passed to the
colormap initialization routines.

Someone should figure out more precisely what the differences are and
what the 'best' course of action should be...

keith.packard at intel.com