xserver-xorg-video-i810 now only displays 640x480

David Nusinow dnusinow at speakeasy.net
Sat Dec 16 12:00:16 PST 2006

On Sat, Dec 16, 2006 at 05:12:51PM +0000, Alan Chandler wrote:
> I run Debian unstable on an Intel DG965SS motherboard with integrated
> 965G graphics controller.
>
> I have just restarted my computer after having been away for a few days
> and the display has come up in 640x480 mode and that seems to be the
> only option.  I have NOT changed xorg.conf so my guess is that a Debian
> upgrade to xserver-xorg-server-core which according to the changelog
> took place on 12th December and which probably propagated to my machine
> just before I shut it down on the 13th to go away is the root cause.

None of the changes that were made for the last xserver-xorg-core update
should affect you in this way. You'll have to figure out how long it's been
since you restarted X and what you updated in that time frame. We did an
upload of a new version of the i810 driver on December 6 which could be the
culprit. Could you downgrade to the version in testing and let us know if
it fixes your problem?

 - David Nusinow