Note to the 7.2 RM

Daniel Stone daniel at fooishbar.org
Sat Dec 16 07:29:49 PST 2006

On Fri, Dec 15, 2006 at 04:55:17PM -0800, Kean Johnston wrote:
> >Aha.  Stupid autotools.   Eric worked out what the problem was, so this
> >is all sorted now.  Thanks for pointing it out.
> Autotools stupid? 7 brownie points from <deity of your choice> for
> the understatement of the day :) What did the problem turn out to
> be?

Trust me, I know pretty well how unspeakably stupid autotools can be.

If you have a file listed in _SOURCES, then it will get distributed
regardless of whether or not it's in (DIST)CLEANFILES.  So, it needs to
be taken out of sources, or listed in nodist_whatever (e.g.
nodist_libXfontinclude_HEADERS).

Cheers,
Daniel