i915 and external monitor switching

Eric Anholt eric at anholt.net
Sat Dec 9 14:04:46 PST 2006

On Sat, 2006-12-09 at 10:55 -0500, Paul Kaplan wrote:
> It seems that using Fn+F7 on a Thinkpad T43 w/ i915 graphics using the i810
> driver switches back and forth between the LCD and external monitors.  In
> Windows, there is the third option of both the LCD and external monitor.  Is
> this likely to be fixed in the driver anytime soon?

We are fixing this in the modesetting branch of the driver by providing
you with full control of monitor enabling, sizing, and placement at
runtime without the you having to rely on the magic behavior of a key
combo that only sometimes works.

--
Eric Anholt                             anholt at FreeBSD.org
eric at anholt.net                         eric.anholt at intel.com