Xi and XCB (was: Re: What's happening to DeviceMotionNotifies?)

Daniel Stone daniel at fooishbar.org
Sat Dec 9 03:59:09 PST 2006

On Sat, Dec 09, 2006 at 01:24:38AM -0800, Jamey Sharp wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 06, 2006 at 08:40:04PM +0200, Daniel Stone wrote:
> > While we're on it: do you guys have any plans to add Xi support to XCB?
>
> "We guys" don't have "plans", as such, no. ;-) Recently, our focus has
> been mostly on ensuring libX11 works correctly with XCB, which means XCB
> extension support has been a bit ignored. Contributions welcome. :-)

Heh.  The XCB community. ;)  Unfortunately I'm still chasing the input
beast in a couple of directions for 7.3, as well as a few other pending
patches that need finishing up and pushing.  If I keep sorting module
releases out at this rate, too ...

> We'd be very happy to receive a description of XInputExtension for
> inclusion in xcb-proto; and if someone has a need for it, several people
> on the XCB list have experience writing these descriptions now and might
> take on the work.

Hm.  (Eep, no XKB either?)  I might be able to do that, if that's all it
takes.

> Why do you ask?

I just remember seeing somewhere that someone had claimed Xi was the
last extension to get ported over because of some issues in its protocol
design.

Cheers,
Daniel