Supported Monitors

Luke colorado_mountains2000 at yahoo.com
Sat Dec 9 22:51:58 PST 2006

I have two simple questions:
1) Is there a list maintained of all the supported
monitors?
2) What's the procedure to add a monitor?

Now more notes on 2), I've just been modifying the
xorg.conf and restarting X (CTRL+ALT+BackSpace), it's
been kind of trial and error and that's why I'm here.
My monitor is visibile but the size is always messed
up and the text is inconsistently blurry (like every
other line).  I have a Samsung Syncmaster 203b 20",
native res is 1400X1050, I'm running SuSE 10.1 (which
uses sax2, I assume all sax2 does is generate xorg
files).  SuSE 10.1 is running Xorg 6.9
(http://en.opensuse.org/Product_Highlights/10.1).

The extent of my editing of the xorg.conf has been
refresh/sync rates, I also toggled some DisplaySize
and it didn't change anything.

So yeah I'm not looking for someone to hold my hand
just point in right direction like read this man page,
do this procedure, get back to us.

--Luke