xf86-video-ati: Branch 'master'

Roland Scheidegger sroland at tungstengraphics.com
Tue Dec 5 13:15:56 PST 2006

Jasmin Buchert wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 04, 2006 at 04:32:14PM -0800, Roland Scheidegger wrote:
>>  src/radeon_video.c |  198 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++------------------
>>
>> New commits:
>> diff-tree d2aa57a4bdd4a0deb2c659bb07f3f57d1116f0d1 (from 9cfa82e1670ad85746926995972a535ddf03ee07)
>> Author: Roland Scheidegger <sroland at tungstengraphics.com>
>> Date:   Tue Dec 5 01:30:13 2006 +0100
>>
>>     radeon: use overlay scaler native planar yuv capability.
>>
>>     Radeons can do planar yuv just fine, there is no need to convert all data
>>     to packed yuv manually. This saves some cpu cycles as well as some
>>     (graphic card) ram.
>>

> This breaks XVideo on my RV280.
> Especially in tvtime the color channels seem to be shifted left/right by 5-10
> pixels. Looks like a bad analog video signal. At the right side there's a
> flickering "line" from top to the bottom.
seems to be dependant on horizontal resolution. I could reproduce this
with tvtime depending what horizontal input resolution was selected
(need to check, but I'd guess that's what it will use as xv size). For
me the flickering line was at the left, though (since the uv planes are
shifted a mess at the right or left is bound to happen). Guess there is
some rounding error somewhere when calculating the start pixel of the uv
planes of the overlay...

Roland