debian package for i810 driver?

Andrew J. Barr andrew.james.barr at gmail.com
Tue Dec 5 12:06:56 PST 2006

On Tue, 2006-12-05 at 19:20 +0000, Alan Chandler wrote:
> About a month ago there was a discussion on the list about a bug which
> caused the i810 driver to do a hard lockup whilst displaying video. The
> fix made it into the git head.

Are you talking about the textured video hang? This would affect i915
and later.

> I don't think it has yet made it through to debian unstable, so I
> thought I would ask here if there are any unofficial repositories that
> might have a prebuilt version (for 386/686).

This  _should_ do the trick:

http://www.oakcourt.dyndns.org/apt/pool/main/x/xserver-xorg-video-i810/xserver-xorg-video-i810_1.7.2-1_i386.deb

Don't use anything else in the archive...it's unmaintained and probably
lots of them are broken.

/Andrew