Xvideo performance on Radeon 7500 vs Intel 915

Edgar Toernig froese at gmx.de
Mon Dec 4 11:54:02 PST 2006

Roland Scheidegger wrote:

> Here's my final word on this. Declared 100% bug-free :-). Someone wants
> to test it on big-endian (I don't think there should be a problem but
> you never know...) or with odd-shaped, err, odd-sized videos?

Seems to work fine.  Can't tell much about the performance though -
the numbers top shows are bogus (i.e. 100% idle when running mplayer).

But I noticed one thing: sometimes the last 1 or 2 lines of the
xv-overlay shows garbage (usually green random stuff).  Once I
had this effect not on the last line but the rightmost column.

Ciao, ET.