[ANNOUNCE] xorg-server-1.1.99.903

Stefan Dirsch sndirsch at suse.de
Mon Dec 4 00:37:38 PST 2006

On Sun, Dec 03, 2006 at 09:03:06PM -0800, Kean Johnston wrote:
> >Nice phrasing. Would have been cool to add such a radical change to
> >release announcements of libXfont 1.2.4/1.2.5.
> Is it really a change? --enable-type1 in libXfont uses the IBM
> type1 rasterizer, which was weirdly wrapped up in CID support.
> You only got the IBM type1 rasterizer because CID support was
> on by default.

Hmm. I thought the CID support in type1 rasterizer has been
removed. Is this a wrong assumption?

> The poster of the original question could just as easily have
> not loaded libtype1.so, since type1 support is also provided
> by the freetype rasterizer, which is also on by default.

Sure, AFAIK the freetype one is even preferred to the type1 one, but
who knows such details?

Best regards,
Stefan

Public Key available
Stefan Dirsch (Res. & Dev.)   SUSE LINUX Products GmbH
Tel: 0911-740 53 0            Maxfeldstraße 5
FAX: 0911-740 53 479          D-90409 Nürnberg
http://www.suse.de            Germany