DRI with r300 on Radeon 9800 possible

Florian Dorpmueller dorpmueller at hotmail.com
Sun Dec 3 04:38:18 PST 2006

>Please look at the output (top lines) of:
>LIBGL_DEBUG=verbose glxinfo
>In your xorg log you got direct rendering enabled.
>You also more than likely need to upgrade your
>ddx driver to 6.6.3 iirc this is the first version which
>includes a fix for radeon 9800. For doing so:
>
>git clone git://anongit.freedesktop.org/git/xorg/driver/xf86-video-ati
>cd xf86-video-ati
>git checkout ati-6.6-branch
>./configure --prefix=/usr
>make && make install
>
>You will need xorg dev package from your distribution.
>
>best,
>Jerome Glisse

Jerome,

thanks a lot for your advise.

Unfortunately "./configure" gives me "No such file or directory". There only
a "autogen.sh" can be found in this directory. I have tried to use this but
it ends with "aclocal: configure.ac: 228: macro `AM_CFLAGS' not found in
library
autoreconf: aclocal failed with exit status: 1".

Any more hints?

Florian