[Fwd: XVideo Crash]

Barry Scott barry.scott at onelan.co.uk
Wed Aug 30 04:58:06 PDT 2006

The Intel Video BIOS only allocates a small amount of memory to the graphics
card. Typical is 1Mb or 8MB somethings configurable in the BIOS.

Its simply too small to allocate frames of HD video. You need 1920*1088*2
or 1920*1088*3 bytes/frames and you need more then one frame for smooth
playback.

Adding Option "LinearAlloc" "6144" tells the driver to allocate extra memory
above and beyond what the Intel Video BIOS reserved that can be used for
XV.

No idea about the other problems save the obvious that you might have
run out of CPU or memory.

Barry