Xt translated labels ?

Samuel Thibault samuel.thibault at ens-lyon.org
Sat Aug 26 11:09:13 PDT 2006

Hi,

Thanks a lot for clarification about Athena widgets.  I roughly
remembered things like this, but I wasn't sure.

Glynn Clements, le Sat 26 Aug 2006 18:48:40 +0100, a écrit :
> Samuel Thibault wrote:
> > Some debian people were also wondering about UTF-8 support.  I tried
> > XTerm with a UTF-8 locale, and it was still using the latin1 encoding.
> > Is it always this way with, say, Xaw applications?
>
> Regarding XTerm, see the documentation for the "utf8" and "locale"
> resources (-u8 and -lc options) in the xterm(1) manpage. UXTerm is a
> script which runs XTerm with the relevant options.

I'm not telling about the content of the terminal (the VT), but about
menus. And _they_ currently don't work in UTF-8 mode, even via the
uxterm script. Now, with your clarifications, I just set *international
to true, and now it works!

> If set, label strings are interpreted according to the locale
> (although I don't think that meta-encodings such as UTF-8 or ISO-2022
> work),

Well, it does work for XTerm at least.

Samuel