Rage 128 AiW GATOS

Alex Deucher alexdeucher at gmail.com
Tue Aug 22 07:32:52 PDT 2006

On 8/22/06, beeconnect at freenet.de <beeconnect at freenet.de> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> the Gatos driver for the ATI All in Wonder hybrid-cards included in
> Xorg. At least for the Radeon/Theatre based cards. Why is the code for
> R128/Theatre (the 32MB version) based cards not merged?
> I try to patch the new module with the missing code from the last
> version  from Gatos, but the Xserver freeze.
> It is possible to include the missing code from Gatos-Project or must i
> use an old Xserver-release like 6.7 and the gatos ati-4.4.0 drivers?

Vladimir posted a patch for the r128 gatos code to this list a year or
so ago.  I don't have an AIW card, but I tested the patch on my r128
laptop and it hung waiting for a timeout on the CP before the CP was
started.  I never had the time or inclination to track down the
problem.  You can find the patch in the xorg archives.  perhaps you
will have some luck with it.
http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/xorg/2004-December/005371.html

Alex