Fwd: (no subject)

Andy Revak andy.revak at gmail.com
Wed Aug 16 11:24:24 PDT 2006

Thanks for the reply.  I am mostly trying to gain a broader understanding of
how X works.  For instance one of the problems i'm trying to solve for
myself right now is I have a laptop, I have a Samsung 20" LCD at home and I
plan to have a Samsung 19" CRT at home, obviously I can't hook them all up
at the same time will X bomb out if I configure all 3 monitors properly (my
laptops screen and my 2 samsungs) and 1 or 2 of them are not attached?

This next question may be a general linux question and distro dependent but
is there any way for me to detect what /dev/??? i should use for my inputs
like I am going to plugin a USB keyboard to my laptop, how do I determine
what settings I should use for that input, is there a way to get it to
autodetect?

As for your questinos, I am using Ubuntu 6.06 right now but I have used
slackware, red hat and debian before so I can sort of get around but I am
still definitly learning the ropes as far as basic linux knowledge is
concerned, thank you very much for your time.